Monday, December 6, 2010

Minimalistic 1

Ahh, I believe I might just have come up with the right layout for the app. This design kept in mind as much as uncluttering as I could. Even though I was heading for a 1 action per screen look, I just could not help having a quick entry in the same screen as the main list.

Below is the rough sketch for the design:


Title will be the program tittle appearing on all screens. I might add a subtitle under it to guide the user to where he/she is at.

Action bar with alert. This is the main navigation area for the application. It is planned to have buttons such as add (create new entry), cats (manage categories), favs (manage favourites) and sets (to access the settings screen).

Quick entry is to add entry to current list minus extras such as due date, reminder and other settings for the task.

Main list shows the list of tasks.

I just realised the design has missing category name and options for filtering the output. Filter could be added in settings, while the screen title layout will probably be readjusted to have a sub title in which could show the list category.

Further iterations and an android layout will be up soon.

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment